April 2013 Board Minutes
Oelwein Public Library Board Minutes April 11, 2013
The Oelwein Public Library Board of Trustees held its regular board meeting on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. at the library.
Present: Kerns, Ingersoll, Gilson, Leo, Berryman, and Macken
President Gilson called the meeting to order.
Leo moved to approve the agenda and minutes as written. Seconded by Ingersoll. Motion carried.
Trustee Training: The board read the section on the "Budgeting Process" and "Library Budget Calendar" in the Trustee Handbook.
There were no correspondences.
- The Friend's will renew the subscription for the book review publication, BookPage.
- Flowers will be purchased for the roadside planters.
- The 2013-14 proposed Library Bequest Revenue has increased from $1,200 to $12,000 because of the increased donations from the Friend's of the Library.
- The library will not have a final budget until the union contracts are settled.
- Advantage Newspapers have downloaded the papers from 1947-2011 on our new website, but 1867-1946 need to be added.
- Macken will be conducting staff evaluations on the 16th. Forms were distributed to the Library Board to evaluate the director.
- Premier Technology is scheduled to install the new router and filtering software on the 12th.
- Macken is receiving bids to replace 5 computers in the children's area. Funding is from the Community Foundation, the Cemetery Walk, and donations from a guest author.
- The outdoor message board needs a replacement indoor/outdoor radio transmitter. Parts are covered under warranty; labor is not.
Bills were reviewed. Kerns moved to approve the bills. Seconded by Berryman. Motion carried.
Macken distributed a budget amendment of $4,532.89 which includes grants, state funds, and donations. She will continue to deposit revenues up to the $1,640.17 needed to balance the total revenues. The board would like to know if the city administrator would like to continue the practice of having the library pay for the upkeep of the Saur Lot and then reimbursing the library account for this expense. Ingersoll moved to accept the budget amendment. Seconded by Berryman. Motion carried.
Leo moved to accept the Programs Policy as reviewed. Seconded by Kerns. Motion carried.
The next library board meeting will be on Thursday, May 9 at 5:30 p.m.
Berryman moved to adjourn the meeting.