March 2014 Board Minutes
Oelwein Public Library Board Minutes March 4, 2014
The Oelwein Public Library Board of Trustees held its regular board meeting on Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. at the library.
Present: Kerns, Ingersoll, Gilson, Berryman, Leo, and Macken
President Gilson called the meeting to order.
Berryman moved to approve the agenda. Seconded by Ingersoll. Motion carried.
A correction was made to the minutes. StewartScapes will be barricading the North West corner of the library parking lot. Berryman moved to approve the amended minutes. Seconded by Kerns. Motion carried.
Trustees reviewed information on the Iowa Gift Law and Compatibility of Office.
Leo arrives at 5:40.
- Approximately 60 people attended Business After Five. Tammy Lorch from IPTV talked about the "Ready for School" initiative and the library iPad Lab.
- Approximately 150 people attended the Chocolate Fest. Various vocal music groups from the high school performed.
- Book sale will be April 10-12.
- Susie Ricchio turned in her notice that she will be retiring from the library effective July 1. She has worked at the library for 21 years.
- The Director will be on vacation from March 22-30.
- Sue Johnson has some original artwork for the library to display made by Dick Leet who was a former school art teacher.
Bills were reviewed. The library will be paying the advance for materials to StewartScapes. Berryman moved to approve the bills. Seconded by Leo. Motion carried.
Berryman share information on concrete bench molds. Berryman will find out more information on concrete dye colors and specifics on how many molds will be needed. She will also bring pictures of sample seats with backs. Leo will ask if Dennis Sanborn would be interested in designing some book forms for the molds.
Lighting options were discussed. Macken will consult with the Alliant representative if the energy savings and estimates appear to be accurate and on recommendations of LED versus T8's.
Berryman moved to accept the reviewed Staff and Board Privileges. Seconded by Ingersoll. Motion carried.
The next board meeting will be Thursday, April 10 at 5:30 p.m. Meeting adjourned at 6:45.